Am I the only one that has noticed that product packaging these days is beyond insane? I recently opened a toy for Mister, and getting to the actual toy was a herculean effort. The thing was tied, taped, and tethered to the box and it took me twenty minutes to free it. My kitchen scissors have gone dull from being used to slice tape and cut clamshell packages. I have next to no nails, and opening DVD’s and CD’s frustrates me to no end. Ah, but no more!
As a product reviewer that receives quite a few packages, I was intrigued when I received a pitch for the Zibra Open It! Easy to Use Package Opener.
Once I received it, I thought now THIS is a must have tool if you ever need to open electronics, toys, batteries, or other packages.
The Open It can be used to:
cut sealed plastic packaging, blisters, cardboard, paper snip toy packaging, twist ties, zip ties, straps slice boxes, CDs, DVDs, plastic wraps open battery compartments and more pop off bottle tops
Hubs likes it, as well, and has used it quite a few times. He’s even been known to come ask me where I put it so he can use it instead of the kitchen scissors.
The only thing I would change about the Open It is I would somehow make the cap for the razor be attached to the tool, whether by string or plastic or whatever. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to move the microwave to fish the little cap out because I knocked it under while opening a package.
Win it… Zibra would like to give two lucky Lady V dZine readers their own Zibra Open It!
Mandatory entry… Tell me what type of package frustrates you the most when trying to Open It.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- +1- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win Zibra Open It package opener @ladyvdzine (11/15) http://goo.gl/dO2L #gadget #giveaway #Christmas”
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses.. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 11/15/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
The fine folks at Zibra provided me with a Zibra Open It! set to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.