One of my all time favorite holiday cookies is the traditional peanut butter kisses. Yum.
Traditional Peanut Butter Kisses
- 1/2 cup softened salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter you can use chunky, the cookies will look a bit lumpy if you do.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 package of chocolate kisses unwrapped.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Using your electric mixer cream together the butter, white and brown sugar.
- Then add in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- When fully combined start to mix in the flour mixture.
- You’ll want to have the mixer on a low setting and only mix in a little at a time.
- Scrape down and form a neat ball with the dough, wrap in plastic and chill for about an hour.
- When ready, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Form small balls that are about 1.25 inches and place on sheet a couple inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (all ovens are different so watch the first batch very closely to see just how long it takes, this will save you time and burnt cookies with the rest of the trays)!
- You’ll want the cookies to come out of the oven a bit soft.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and set a chocolate candy kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
I bake mine for 8 minutes on a warmed stone or 10 minutes on a cookie sheet.
These are absolutely one of Mister’s favorite cookies!