Elemi essential oil has similar properties and characteristics of both frankincense and myrrh. This is because it belongs to the same botanical family. That said, it is often said that elemi essential oil has a softer scent with a hint of balsamic. Elemi essential oil comes from the gum or tree resin. Elemi essential oil can be used to support overall health and is great for skin. Keep reading for the top 7 uses for elemi essential oil.
Top 7 Uses for Elemi Essential Oil
- My all time favorite use for elemi essential oil is to help reduce coughs. Just mix 5 drops into a roller bottle of carrier oil, and apply to vita flex points of the feet. Add it to your diffuser with lemon, lavender, and peppermint oils to reduce the response to all the floating allergens outside. ;)
- Incorporate 1-2 drops of elemi essential oil into your daily moisturizing routine. It can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Elemi essential oil is a common ingredient in many high end skin care products that are popular in Europe.
- Create a 1% dilution of elemi in a roller ball bottle, with carrier oil. Use as a spot corrector for stubborn skin bumps and breakouts.
- Dilute 2 drops of this EO in 2 tablespoons of carrier oil. Massage into sore, tired muscles after strenuous exercise. Elemi oil may help to relieve the stress and tension associated with post workout fatigue.
- Diffuse elemi essential oil to help manage stress and improve mental clarity.
- Apply elemi oil daily to scars and stretch marks daily. It can help to improve skin color, support the body’s natural healing processes, and tighten skin.
- Elemi essential oil can help relieve discomfort associated with joint inflammation.
Elemi essential oil is easily, and often, overlooked but it shouldn’t be. It’s one of my powerhouse oils that I always keep in stock. Elemi oil has many uses that support overall health and vitality.