Whether you are a Children’s Ministry Leader, Youth Leader or Adult Small Group Leader, The Story of Jesus Curriculum Kit from Zondervan is an excellent choice. I sought and reviewed this set through the lens of a Children’s Ministry Leader (birth – Jr. High), but thoroughly enjoyed going through the Adult Small Group materials as well.
In my opinion, teachings should impact to last therefore, materials should include visual aids as well as ample resources to assist in teaching the lessons. In addition, since every group of kids and adults is diverse and led by leaders with various teaching styles, a curriculum should be stacked with options in their materials to reflect those variables. With that said, I found all of the above as I reviewed the materials in The Story of Jesus Curriculum.
“The Story of Jesus campaign is a seven-week exploration into the life and ministry of Jesus. This gives children, teens, and adults alike the opportunity to learn, discuss and apply Jesus’ life, work and teaching. Through the seven weeks, The Story of Jesus will open the eyes of your congregation to the culmination of God’s master-plan as it unfolds in the life of Jesus, and how their stories intersect with it.”
The Story of Jesus Resource Kit includes all the materials needed for children, youth and adults for a seven-week study:
- Adults: seven-session DVD, participant’s guide with full text from The Story of Jesus along with discussion questions
- Teens: teen edition soft cover book, DVD-ROM with teacher’s guide, student handouts and seven video sessions
- These video sessions have a narrator that is accompanied by an artist telling the story through painting and sketch drawing. The images are captivating and entertaining. They would easily keep the attention of Jr. & Sr. High students and help solidify the message being told. Personally, my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time, what a fabulous way to tell The Story of Jesus.
- Children’s: soft cover book and curriculum DVD-ROM each of the following for preschool, early elementary and later elementary:
- teacher’s guides
- lessons plans – additional activities (handouts, coloring sheets, activity pages), seven video stories
Whether you plan to use this curriculum church-wide or individually for a specific age group, the lessons will not only be easy to prepare (because the material is thoroughly planned) but will make a lasting impact in the understanding of The Story of Jesus.
The Story of Jesus Curriculum Kit is available from Zondervan and other fine Christian curriculum retailers.
***Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): I received the aforementioned product from Zondervan to facilitate an honest review. All opinions are my own***