Ever since I received my Ninja Ultima, I’ve been having fun making up my own green smoothie recipes. A couple have been real flops. Some have been grand slams. Like the sweet potato casserole green smoothie I made last week.
Sweet Potato Casserole #greensmoothie
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 handfuls kale or preferred greens
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana peeled
- 6 dates pitted
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground flax *optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds *optional
- 1 scoop preferred protein powder *optional
Combine all ingredients in Ninja Ultima and pulse 4-5 times, then blend on medium speed (5 or 6) until smooth.
Yields 56-64 ounces, depending on size of pototoes, banana, and type of greens used. For a thinner smoothie, add water by 1/4 cups to desired consistency.
What’s in your favorite green smoothie?