Looking for a fun way to teach the kiddos about the seasons, and how the sunshine makes the seasons? These Sunshine Makes the Seasons Story Stones are perfect to use with the book, Sunshine Makes the Seasons, from the Let’s Read and Find Out series!
Sunshine Makes the Seasons Story Stones
Sunshine Makes the Seasons Story Stones Supplies
- White Stones
- Paint Pens (I used Posca Paint Pens)
- Canvas Bag
- Alphabet Stencil (I used the 0.5 inch Alphabet Stencil by Show Offs)
- Mod Podge or Clear Acrylic Sealer Spray
Sunshine Makes the Seasons Story Stones Directions
- After gathering all of the supplies, you will first rinse the stones in warm water until all of the powder has been removed. Set the stones on a towel and allow them to dry completely.
- Use a pencil to sketch the design onto the stone.
- Use paint pens to color the stones.
- Use a black paint pen to outline the painted stone.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- You are now ready to use your stones to narrate a story. You can even flip them over and write words on the back of the stones.
- If you’d like, create a small canvas bag to store your story stones. Use an alphabet stencil to paint words onto the canvas bag. Allow to dry completely before storing your stones.
- If you’d like to protect your stones for many uses, use a spray sealer or Mod Podge.
The finished product is one your kids are sure to enjoy for a long time!
Want more books to teach about the seasons, the sun, and our solar system? Be sure check out my posts on The Planets in Our Solar System over at Homeschool STEAMboat!
Solar System Matching GameSolar System Word SearchSolar System Play Dough Mats
And check out these other Let’s Read and Find Out Science books!
What Makes Day and Night (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)Air Is All Around You (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)What Will the Weather Be? (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)Clouds (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)Down Comes the Rain (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)Why Do Leaves Change Color? (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)Snow Is Falling (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)The Sun: Our Nearest Star (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out)The Planets in Our Solar System (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
Kids will have so much fun with this series that they won’t realize they are learning. 😉 Be sure to see my Sunshine Makes the Seasons post for a free printable and other fun crafts and activities for this book!