I melded bits and pieces, from three recipes, to make this simple sloppy joe recipe, It is now a family favorite.
Simple Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground meat of choice burger, venison, turkey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worshetershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar Blend Splenda
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper*
- 1/4 cup chopped onion*
- In bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, Worshetershire sauce, and Brown Sugar Blend Splenda. Mix throughougly and set aside.
- In skillet, saute bell pepper and onion, then add 1 pound ground meat. Brown together, then drain any grease. Add sloppy joe mix, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
I’ve also sneaked other veggies in, or smothered in cheese, but I have to be careful that they are ground pretty fine as Mister has an eagle eye for green. I promise to get a picture next time I make it!