I recently shared a Scarecrow Paper Plate craft. I don’t know about you, but I just couldn’t get enough of the scarecrow’s face. This Scarecrow Paper Bag Craft is fun to make and will complement your fall parties. Kids will enjoy using it as a puppet, too!
Scarecrow Paper Bag Craft
Scarecrow Paper Bag Craft Supplies
- Paper bags
- 1.5″ burlap ribbon
- Cream craft paint
- Googly eyes
- Orange card stock
- Black Sharpie
- Elmer’s Glue or Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
If you’re doing fall crafts, you may as well buy your raffia in bulk. It’s so much cheaper than buying a little bit at a time!
Scarecrow Paper Bag Craft Directions
- Cut a triangle out of your orange card stock, round the edges with scissors, turn the bag upside down and glue to the bottom flat on the edge.
- Glue to googly eyes above the triangle.
- Use a black Sharpie to draw a wavy mouth and an outline around the nose.
- Paint or draw dashes through the mouth and outlines nose and paint 2 small circles on the side of the mouth to look like cheeks.
- Cut 2 sets of about 10-15 pieces of raffia about 5″ long and tie the ends with another piece and glue the raffia to each side on the top of the bag.
- Wrap a piece of burlap ribbon around the top of the scarecrows head and secure with glue in the back.
- Fold a 5″ inch piece of burlap ribbon in half to look like a triangle and glue to the back of the burlap wrapped around the scarecrows head.
- Place your hand in the bag and use as a puppet.
This craft is perfect for the table at a Friendsgiving gathering, fall party, or bonfire!