As a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading we receive products for crafting. All opinions are our own.
We just added a fall fling at a local rescue ranch to our schedule for October, and I absolutely cannot wait. This ranch is associated with our humane society and they rescue and rehabilitate all kinds of farm animals. Thinking of farms and fall of course led to scarecrows, and what could be cuter than a scarecrow craft before we go?
I just love fall crafts, don’t you?
Scarecrow Craft Supplies
- Craft Foam Sheets
- Hot glue or clear glue dots
- Black Marker
- Plaid Ribbon
- Artificial Sunflowers
Scarecrow Craft Instructions
- Download and print the SCARECROW TEMPLATE. Cut out.
- Trace template onto craft foam. Cut out.
- Glue the head on top of the dark brown portion of the hat.
- Glue the raffia onto the dark brown portion of the hat.
- Glue the light brown hat on top of the head, slightly overlapping the straw.
- Glue a straight line of red or green craft foam onto the top of the hat. Cut off any excess.
- Glue the eyes, nose and rosy pink cheeks onto the face.
- Turn the scarecrow over and glue the plaid ribbon to the back.
- Fold the ribbon over so that you don’t have any rough edges.
- Glue another piece of plaid ribbon on the outside of the scarf. Fray the edges with scissors.
- Glue an artificial sunflower on top of the hat.
- Use a black marker to draw a smile onto the scarecrow.
Seriously, how cute is that?
Of course, we’ll be reading our favorite books about scarecrows this fall, too. Have you read Flat Stanley and the Missing Pumpkins yet? It is a MUST read, it is SO cute!
I’ll be sharing more crafts and activities as we go along!