As a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading we receive products for crafting. All opinions are our own.
Ahh, hello fall! I spied a few colorful leaves this week, and everywhere I turn I see pumpkin spice flavored treats! I prefer my mocha with salted caramel, but I do love pumpkins. The brisk wind makes me want flannel shirts, denim jeans, and fall crafts. What better way to decorate than with your own rustic shiplap pumpkin. If you’re a fan of Joanna Gaines at all, this DIY wood slat pumpkin will be the perfect addition to your fall decor. Displaying a teal pumpkin alerts others that your home is allergy safe for little candy grabbers if you pass out candy.
Rustic Shiplap Pumpkin
Rustic Shiplap Pumpkin Supplies
- DIY Unfinished Wood Slat Pumpkin
- Sponge Paint Brushes
- Thin paint brush
- Paint Pallete
- Metallic Acrylic Paint
- Teal Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- Natural Jute Roll
- Glittered Maple Leaves Garland
- Artificial Acorns
- Hot Glue Gun and hot glue sticks
Rustic Shiplap Pumpkin Directions
- Using a sponge paint brush, apply two coats teal acrylic paint to the diy unfinished wood slat pumpkin, including the edges. Allow to dry between coats.
- If necessary, use a fine paintbrush to paint between slats
- Using a sponge brush for each color, distress the pumpkin with white acrylic paint, gold metallic acrylic paint, and brass metallic acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Tie jute around the stem of the pumpkin at desired length.
- Using a hot glue gun, affix an artificial acorn to the end of each jute piece.
- Separate a few glittered maple leaves from the glittered maple leaves garland (you can slide them off the garland and there will be enough left that you can still use the garland to decorate your mantel). Tie the glittered maple leaves to the jute string that is around the pumpkin stem. I tied them to the back, and then drew them to the front, so that the knots were hidden.
- Hang your rustic shiplap pumpkin on your door or display it on your mantel.
I blessed a friend with this one, so I’ll be making another one. Yay!