Are you a fan of rustic farmhouse decor? This rustic deer ornament is perfect for anyone who loves farmhouse decor. It’s fun to make and is so pretty to display!
Rustic Deer Ornament
Rustic Deer Ornament Supplies
- deer ornament wood cut out
- craft paint in your choice of color (we chose a bright teal to make it ultra modern)
- metallic glitter in your choice of color (we chose gold)
- paint brush
- ribbon or pipe cleaner for hanging
- hot glue and hot glue gun
Rustic Deer Ornament Instructions
- Begin by applying two coats of craft paint to the wooden deer. Allow the coats to dry well in between painting.
- Add a third coat of craft paint. This time, while the paint is still wet sprinkle the tips of the antlers generously with metallic glitter. Focus on the tips of the antlers, however if some glitter gets on the face of the deer that is ok too. You do not need to use glue, as the glitter will stick to the wet paint and that is how it will adhere.
- While the third coat of paint and glitter dries, prepare the hanger for the deer. Take a piece of ribbon or pipe cleaner and twist into a loop. Add a dab of hot glue and press to the back of the deer. Hold into place until dry and secure.
- Your glittered rustic deer ornament is now ready for hanging!