Looking for a fun treat to serve the kids for a North Pole Breakfast or on Christmas morning? One that is simple (and doesn’t add much time to your work load), but sure to put smiles on their faces? Then these Reindeer Waffles are a must!
This reindeer waffles recipe is a fun twist on a breakfast classic.
These fun filled reindeer waffles are sure to put a smile on your child's face!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (light)
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup oil (we use avocado oil, but canola oil would work)
- 3 drops brown gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon butter or non-stick spray (for greasing waffle maker, if your waffle iron requires it)
- White Wilton Candy Melts (for the eyes)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (to use as "glue")
- Mega M&Ms (nose)
- Regular M&Ms (eyes)
- Small pretzel twists
- Combine all your waffle mix ingredients into a large bowl, mix well
- Grease the bottom of your waffle maker with butter or non-stick spray IF you're waffle iron requires it
- Pour your batter in
- Cook until your timer goes off
- Use your nylon fork to remove waffle from waffle iron. Be careful, the waffle iron is hot!
- Cut your waffle in quarters
- Place all your waffles pieces so that the point faces down
- Melt your 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
- Dip the back of 2 white candy wafers in the chocolate then press onto the middle of the waffle
- Then dip the back of 2 brown M&Ms in the chocolate and press lightly onto the white candy wafers
- Dip the back of one mega red M&M in the chocolate and press on the point for the nose
- Now dip the back of two pretzel twists in the chocolate and press them onto the top two corners
- Repeat the decorating steps for all waffles quarters and enjoy!
- Waffle iron times may vary.
- Recipe makes 2-4 waffles, dependent on the size of your waffle maker.
- Be sure to unplug your waffle iron when finished, so it can cool while you enjoy your waffles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Of course, you *can* skip the brown gel food color if you want, but I think the reindeer are super cute brown. You can also substitute milk chocolate M&M’s for the Mega M&M’s used for the nose, if you have nut allergies in the house.
The nylon fork is super handy to use, and keeps you from having to tump the waffle iron upside down. 😉
These waffles are as easy as can be, and you can even let the kids do the decorating, if you like. If you do, just be sure to have one decorated as an example for them, or there could be a few tears over them not looking like the popular red-nosed reindeer they so dearly love!
Pro tip! It’s best to let the waffles cool just a bit before adding the faces, otherwise they smear just a bit. <– ask me how I know.
Be sure to check out my craft stick reindeer ornament and clothespin reindeer ornament while your here! And pick up a copy of Rudolph to read with the kiddos!
You can also watch classic Christmas cartoons together on Amazon Prime. Don’t have Prime? This 2 hour montage includes favorites such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jack Frost, Christmas Comes But Once a Year, The Candlemaker, Snow Foolin’, The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives, Toy Will Be Toys, Santa’s Pocket Watch and more and is VERY budget friendly.
This is sure to become a favorite tradition, if your kids have anything to say about it.
Need a super fun snack to munch on while watching those movies? Check out these sweet and salty holiday pretzel bows from my friend, Jennifer!
Well, 2020 has been quite a year. It’s definitely been one for the books and one we will likely never forget. We have made it to the holiday season – a time for gratitude, togetherness, and celebration. And to celebrate the holiday season and the year 2020 coming to an end, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers for the 7th annual Christmas Blessings Giveaway with the hopes of making this holiday season even more memorable (in a good way) for TWO families by giving away $500 in Paypal cash to each family.
While we wish we could bless many more families, we were able to come up with a big prize for TWO families – $500 each (delivered via Paypal) – that we pray will make a big difference in their lives this Christmas season – whether it’s to fulfill their kids’ Christmas wishes, pay off some bills, or to help build some savings, our prayer is that it helps to lessen any financial burden and/or fills a specific need, or simply brightens your day.
There are lots of entry options in the Rafflecopter form below – the more you enter, the better your chance of winning! I know it can seem tedious and time consuming to go through all the entries, but isn’t a chance at $500 worth it? I think it is! Plus, all of these amazing bloggers donated their own money toward the cash prizes, so this giveaway wouldn’t be possible without them. I hope you’ll take the time to check out each one. Who knows, maybe you will find some new blogs to follow.
The giveaway will run from Monday, November 16th through Wednesday, November 25th (ends at 11:59pm EST). Winner will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize or another winner will be drawn. You must have a Paypal account to win. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Rafflecopter terms and conditions upon entering.a Rafflecopter giveaway