Monthly bloating stinks. Thanks to Mother Nature, I can pretty much count on gaining 3-5 pounds of water weight once every four weeks. Yay. Seriously, though, hauling around an extra 3-5 pounds of fluid in my midsection is not my idea of fun. Its uncomfortable, annoying, and it makes my skinny jeans look like they belong on someone else. I’m not a fan to say the least. Since monthly bloating is a problem many women deal with, I thought I’d share some ways to reduce monthly bloat.
- Reduce your consumption of salt, which leads to fluid retention.
- Limit alcohol, caffeine, and sugar because they can contribute to bloating.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily (even though it seems counter intuitive). Can’t stand the taste of water? Try adding lemon oil or grapefruit oil to your water for a refreshing change.
- Avoid fatty, fried, gassy foods.
- Eat green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and watercress. Cucumbers are great, too.
- Eat fresh fruits, such as watermelon, oranges, lemons and grapes to help reduce bloating. Bananas are high in potassium, so they may help fluid shift, too.
I don’t know about you, but I always CRAVE salty food and chocolate when Mother Nature is planning a drive by. Fortunately, I keep Diurex on hand for those days when the bloating and weight gain exceed my comfort level. Diurex® has five different formulas to choose from for the very different needs of women. Millions of women trust DIUREX®…The Bloat Medicine® to relieve pre-menstrual and menstrual discomforts. Diurex® is the #1 diuretic brand known as “The Gentle Diuretic” that really works!
Diurex® MAX and Diurex® ULTRA are the two that I keep in my cabinet.
When monthly bloat is at it’s worst and accompanied by the fatigue and sluggishness, I reach for the Diurex® ULTRA. When I need something later in the day, I reach for the Diurex® MAX because it’s caffeine free and won’t keep me up at night. Both provide safe and effective relief from bloating and help me stay in my skinny jeans, which I am a big fan of!
Learn more about Diurex products at Diurex.com.
Want to win a Diurex ® care package? Leave a comment with your tips/tricks to reducing bloating. Like with everything in your medicine cabinet, please make sure to read and follow all label instructions before using.