I enjoy a good cup of coffee. In fact, I enjoy several daily. I use a Keurig, and even with just a few cups a day, I hate throwing out the empty k-cups. Crafting is the perfect way to upcycle k-cups. These adorable DIY Pot of Gold treats are perfect for St Patrick's Day and are a fun way to craft with k cups, too!
Here's what you need to make your own pot of gold for your little leprechaun!
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set, 18 Piece (2-Ounce), PROMOABI Best Selling Colors IPacon Lightweight Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, Assorted Colors, 500 Count (6555)M&M's Yellow Milk Chocolate Candy 1LB BagOutus Multicolor Tissue Paper Squares 1.96 x 1.96 Inch, 2400 Pieces
Clean, dry k cups
Black paint (I used acrylic paint, but tempera paint would also work)
Yellow construction paper
Yellow tissue paper squares
Glue (I used hot glue to affix the lids and liquid school glue to affix the tissue paper)
1. Start by removing all foil and filter from the cups. The filter tears away easily and can then be rinsed and dried.
2. Paint the outsides black and allow them to dry completely.
3. Turn a kcup upside down and use a pencil to trace the outside on a sheet of yellow construction paper. Cut them out to use for lids.
4. Fill with candies, then glue a lid on top of each. I used hot glue, but you could probably use school glue if you are careful not to get it on the candy.
5. To finish, crumple small pieces of tissue paper and glue on top. I used regular school glue for this step.
Seriously! How cute is this?
Let everything dry, then set your little pot of gold out for the little leprechauns in your life!
Need to drink some coffee to save the empty k-cups? Check out these brews!
Need more ideas for St Patrick's day? Check out these fun ways to celebrate St Patrick's Day with kids!