Hey! If you’re not a year round schooler like we are, school will be starting before you know it. If you want to make the kids day, surprise them a treat they’ll love! These Pizza Cookies are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages (maybe even an adult or two)!
To make the fun filled pizza cookies, you will need a Lindt white chocolate bar. Finding them in the store is really hit or miss, so I don’t even take the chance and order mine from Amazon.
This recipe will make 12-16 pizza sugar cookies. You may want to stock up on the Lindt White Chocolate bars because you WILL get repeat requests for this. I’m gluten free, so when I want to partake, I make sure to almond flour instead of all purpose flour. See the notes in the recipe for how to do that!
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour or almond flour (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red Wilton Candy Melts
- White chocolate bar, I used 1/2 of a 4.4 oz Lindt white chocolate bar, shredded
- Green M&M's
- Red M&M's
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix till blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, form 12 balls out of the dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack.
- Microwave 1/2 cup of the red Wilton candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
- Spread the melted candy on each sugar cookie.
- Using a hand held cheese grater, shred the white chocolate bar into a small bowl (to look like pizza cheese).
- Sprinkle the grated white chocolate on top of each cookie. Be sure to do this step before the red icing completely dries on the cookie or the white chocolate will not stick.
- Lay red and green M&M's on top of the shredded white chocolate to resemble pizza ingredients.
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
These fun pizza cookies are perfect for back to school, parties, or game nights!