I enjoy festive foods and drinks that show off our patriotism around national holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. This patriotic layered drink is a lot of fun for kids and adults alike.
Patriotic Layered Drink
Depending on the size of your glass you need to equally divide these liquids into thirds
Patriotic Layered Drink Ingredients
- 3 oz Sprite Zero (or diet sparkling clear beverage of your choice)
- 3 oz Blue Gatorade G2
- 3 oz Cran- Apple Juice
- Ice Cubes – totally optional, but these star ice cube trays are a lot of fun!
- Patriotic Paper Straws
Patriotic Layered Drink Directions
- Fill Glass 1/3 full of ice cubes
- Slowly Cran-Apple juice OVER the ice
- Fill another 1/3 ice cubes and slowly pour Sprite Zero (or diet sparkling clear beverage of your choice)
- Fill final /3 with ice and slowly pour Blue Gatorade over ice 1/3 ice cubes
- Add a straw and drink up!
The trick is to be sure you SLOWLY pour each layer, so it doesn’t push down through the layer below it. It’s as easy to mess up the layers as it is to get them right. No one really seems to care if they aren’t perfect, tho.