As a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading we receive products for crafting. All opinions are our own.
With Little Miss starting preschool this fall, we want to explore the World of Eric Carle as much as we can. We absolutely adore Eric Carle book. So, I thought it would be fun to make some Eric Carle book crafts. We’ll start with a Pancakes Pancakes Book Craft. This is seriously cute, super easy, and makes for fun pretend play!
Pancakes Pancakes Book Craft
Supplies for Panchakes Pancakes Book Craft
- Paper plate
- Brown and yellow craft felt
- Craft glue (optional)
Directions for Pancakes Pancakes Book Craft
- Begin by cutting out two large circles from the brown felt. Use your scissors to lightly scallop the edges so they have a natural look to them as pancakes would.
- Craft the butter for your pancakes using yellow craft felt. Cut out small yellow squares as well as some smaller sized scalloped edge circles. These will look like pats of butter as well as melted butter puddles.
- There are several ways you can assemble your pancakes. You can add glue to the backs of the butter and press them to the brown felt pieces. Then, add some glue to the backs of the pancakes and press them to your paper plate. Display.
- You can create felt food that children can play with over and over. To do this, avoid using glue. This way kids can top the pancakes as they wish and arrange them on the paper plate as they wish. They can play with the felt pieces time and time again.
- Store your felt food pieces in a plastic Ziploc bag when done to keep them safe.
The pieces wouldn’t last long together in our house if they were glued together, so we skip the glue.
Get your own copy of Pancakes, Pancakes today!
Then hop over to Oriental Trading and check out their Eric Carle products! Whether your crafting with your little one or preparing for a class party, you’ll find plenty of goodies in the the World of Eric Carle at Oriental Trading’s Learn365! These are just a few of my favorites!
Check out more fun crafts for kids!