The NCV Dad’s Bible: The Father’s Plan from Thomas Nelson Publishers is a great gift for dads!
“Dad’s Bible: The Father’s Plan is the perfect gift for fathers, fathers-to-be, and father figures of any age. The Dad’s Bible is filled with challenging and helpful information designed to encourage and uplift fathers whose lives will be a priceless legacy for generations to come. Whether as a personal purchase, a Father’s Day gift, or “just because,” Dad’s Bible is sure to draw the reader into quality personal time with our Heavenly Father.
Includes special sections on:
- Walking in Authority – 100 articles on how dads should walk in the authority God has entrusted to them
- Godly Character – 100 articles designed to teach and challenge
- Passing It On – 50 articles about igniting the faith of the next generation
- Dads in the Bible – a look at the lessons taught by biblical fathers
- Building Your Children – 7 articles about nurturing and developing the potential in your children
- Insights – 250 articles giving practical, biblical answers to life situations
- Questions and Answers – how to answer the hard questions
- Topical Index”
What I thought…
With Father’s Day just around the corner, I was extremely excited to have the opportunity to review the Dad’s Bible: The Father’s Plan. The Dad’s Bible: The Father’s Plan (with Notes by Robert Wolgemuth) by Thomas Nelson Publishers is an outstanding resource for all father’s, as well as any man who has other’s looking up to him. The Bible is in the Contemporary English Version, which is a version we did not previously own. It is easy to understand and the content just flows. The devotional sections are well written and my husband enjoys them. I find myself wanting to snag it and read the “Godly Character” articles when he is not using it.
What I would change…
My husband said he wouldn’t change a thing about the Dad’s Bible: The Father’s Plan as it is, however, he did say that he would like to see it available in other versions, such as the NLT or NIV. He even said he likes the fact that it is hard-backed because it’s “sturdy.”
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are 100% my own.