***Please Note–This Giveaway Has ENDED. ***
Please see Winners page for winning entrant information.
Ever had one of those days where things got crazy busy and before you realized it, it was dinner time and you hadn’t even thought of dinner yet? I had one of those days recently, and fortunately, Good Earth came to the rescue. You see, I had signed up for MyBlogSpark and received an opportunity to review a new Good Earth dry dinner kit and agreed. The kit came, and I took it out to photograph it, then I put it back in the box and set the box in the pantry.
So, I grabbed the box, my non-stick pan, and my noodle pot.
About the product…The Good Earth dry dinner kits are similar to other boxed dinner kits, in that they include everything you need to make a meal with the exception of the meat. 100% whole grain, no trans fat, no artificial flavors, no artificial preservatives, no MSG – just add meat and, voila! Dinner is served. Good Earth dry dinner kits offer a selection of four delectable meals: Mediterranean Chicken with angel hair pasta, Spicy Citrus Glazed Shrimp with angel hair pasta, Herb Crusted Chicken with mushroom risotto and Tuscan Chicken with penne pasta. We received the Mediterranean Chicken kit to review. Because it was already dinner time, I took a shortcut and used leftover chicken breast that I had in the fridge instead of preparing fresh chicken breast.
In the noodle pot, I prepared the enclosed pasta.
Once I had both finished, I had to decide. The box said you can serve the meat mixture as a topping or mix it all together. Knowing my husband, I decided to mix it all together.
I served it with some steamed apples that I did in the microwave real quickly. Note- I served ours on our normal dinner plates, because the kids would have thrown fits if we had special plates and they didn’t.
What I thought… Not only did dinner look good, it tasted good. The blend of spices with the whole wheat pasta and chicken was perfect. And I felt good about serving it. A tasty dinner that is healthy, too? Now that, I can serve. The dry dinner kit instructions were incredibly easy to follow, and it only took about 25-30 minutes from the time I opened the box until the time I set the plates on the table. It’s a good thing, too, cause my family was H.U.N.G.R.Y!
What I would change… I wouldn’t change anything about the dinner kit that we tried. I would love to try the other flavors, but I know the mushroom risotto will not fly in our home. LOL.
How I rate it…
For ease of use and taste, I give the Good Earth dry dinner kit a healthy 5 out of 5 hearts.
Where you can buy it… Good Earth dry dinner kits are available at grocers nationwide.
Win It… Good Earth and MyBlogSpark would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader the same gift pack that I received, which includes a Good Earth Mediterranean Chicken dry dinner kit, two sets of bamboo flatware, two bamboo dishes, a bamboo utility board and a 100% recyclable grocery tote.
Mandatory Entry: Simply comment on which new flavor of Good Earth dry dinner kits you would like to try
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
Contest Specific Bonus Entries:
1 bonus entry- Comment with a flavor you would like to see Good Earth offer that is not already offered.
Additional bonus entry options…
- 1 bonus entry- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect (see right side bar) and comment with your profile name.
- 1 bonus entry- If you are a fan of my page on Facebook, let me know in the comments for an extra entry in each contest (please leave your screen name) .
- 1 bonus entry- If you follow me on Twitter, let me know in the comments for an extra entry in each contest (please leave your Twitter profile name).
- 1 bonus entry- Tweet this contest, including @ladyvdzine and leave your tweet link (may be done once per day). You may also include the hashtag #contests or #giveaways if desired.
- Feel free to use this tweet: RT @ladyvdzine #Win a Good Earth dinner kit, bamboo flatware and reusable tote http://bit.ly/aDWCbj #win #giveaway
- 1 bonus entry- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (see right sidebar) and let me know your username.
- 1 bonus entry- Subscribe to my blog via e-mail and/or RSS and leave a comment with the address you signed up for. To avoid spam bots, please use the yourname[at]emailserver[dot]com format for your address. (1 entry each)
- 1 bonus entry- For each of my other current giveaways that you enter. Please leave a separate comment for each, telling me which one’s you’ve entered.
- 1 bonus entry- For each of my non-giveaway posts that you leave a RELEVANT comment on. Comment back with the post link to receive credit.
- 1 bonus entry- E-mail the contest post to at least three friend and CC me as virginia[at]ladyvdzine[dot]com then comment back saying that you did.
- 1 bonus entry- Share the contest post on your Facebook wall and comment back with a link to the share (may be done once).
- 1 bonus entry- Share the contest post on StumbleUpon, DIGG, Delicious, or Technorati and comment back with a link to the share (may be done once each).
- 10 bonus entries- Blog about the contest, including a link back to the contest post. Leave ten separate comments including a direct link to your blog post (not your home page).
Be sure to visit my Contest Rules and Bonus Entry Options for even more additional entry options.
The fine print…
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 08/10/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 72 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize pack, information, and giveaway have all been provided by Good Earth through MyBlogSpark. I received the aforementioned prize pack to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own and are based upon my experience. Your experience may differ.