I recently scored several bottles of Weber seasonings while shopping, and was really excited to find the Weber Mango Lime Seafood Seasoning, which is nearly always out of stock at my local grocer.
I am not that good at cooking fish and need all the help I can get. In fact, the only ONE time I cooked fish that it turned out well was about three weeks ago, and then I used Emeril’s All Natural Fish Rub. It was phenomenal. I mean—“even the kids ate it”—good!
Anyway, back to the Mango Lime seasoning. I have this bizarre habit when I get a new seasoning mix, and that is to tap a dash of it out onto my palm and taste it. When I tasted the mango lime seasoning, I was pleasantly surprised at the burst of sweet and salty together. And, I must confess, seafood is NOT the first thing that came to mind for it.
What, then, did come to mind?
Yummy, yummy, dip.
I have to make dip for a bridal shower tomorrow, and while I was at it, I picked up extra sour cream and cream cheese.
When I got home, I set one of the cream cheese packages out to soften. Once it was ready to go, I made Mango Lime Dip and it is DELISH.
It is the perfect compliment to the Kashi TLC Pita Crisps I picked up at Target the other day.
My husband is on the Kashi Connect mailing list, and they sent him a sample box of the pita crisps with a coupon. I definitely made use of the coupon. YUM!
Anyway, you probably want the recipe, right? It is SUPER easy!
Mango Lime Dip
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp Weber Mango Lime Seafood Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 box Kashi TLC Original 7 Grain Pita Crisps
- Soften cream cheese at room temperature.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in bowl.
- Using mixer on low speed, mix well until smooth.
- Add 3 Tbsp Weber Mango Lime Seafood Seasoning
- Mix well.
- Add Splenda a little bit at a time, mixing well, until mixture reaches desired taste.
- Serve with Kashi TLC Original 7 Grain Pita Crisps