***Giveaway closed. And the winner is… Kelly.***
As you can surmise from the above advert, Kirkland’s is donating $1 from the sale of every “Hope” ornament to provide a camp opportunity to seriously ill children through Camp Charley.
As one who regularly gives to charity and volunteers, I have a special place in my heart for any company that makes it a priority to give back and help charitable causes.
Kirkland’s, a leading specialty retailer of home décor in the United States, was cofounded in 1966 by the current Chairman Emeritus, Carl Kirkland. Kirkland’s opened their first store in Jackson, Tennessee, and now has approximately 289 stores in 29 states. Kirkland’s presents a broad selection of distinctive merchandise, including framed art, mirrors, candles, lamps, picture frames, accent rugs, garden accessories and artificial floral products.
Check out www.mykirklands.com to connect with people who love style and value. Share your photos and share your thoughts! Give and receive feedback on all things design and style oriented. Jump in today.
The Kirkland’s core set of values extends beyond the day-to-day operations of their business into their commitment to have a positive impact on the communities in which they live and operate.
The Charley Foundation
Each year, Kirkland’s hosts an annual Bowl-a-thon to benefit Camp Charley at the Center for Courageous Kids, a medical facility disguised as a camp for critically ill children in Scottsville, Kentucky. Fourteen families were able to attend the camp free of charge each year through Kirkland’s fundraising and Bowl-a-thon participation, raising double their goal for
each year, with more than $65,000 raised in total through out 2008 and 2009. Throughout the weekend at Camp Charley, the families participated in events including campfires, horseback riding, and pumpkin carving to allow the children to enjoy normal childhood experiences they are so often robbed of due to their illnesses. For more information abou tthe Charley Foundation, please visit www.charleyfoundation.org.
Kirkland’s continues their committment to The Charley Foundation with the Hope Ornament.
Buy it… You, too, can help out Camp Charley and Kirkland’s by purchasing a Hope Ornament for $5.99
Win it… Kirkland’s would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader a Hope ornament of their own.
Mandatory entry… Just leave a comment letting me know you would like to win.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with
- +2- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “Quick #giveaway of Hope ornament from Kirlland’s http://goo.gl/Z0kSQ via @ladyvdzine (12/17) #lastminutegift #fb #decor #win #sweeps”
- +1- Like Kirkland’s on Facebook and comment back with your screen name
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my Contest Rules statements and agree to them.
In addition to my standard giveaway rules, Kirkland’s has Official Contest Rules, which you agree to by entering this contest.
Contest open to US. Winner must provide street address and phone number for shipping. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 12/17/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received the aforementioned complimentary product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.