I picked up some Japanese Buckwheat Noodles recently, and wanted to give them a whirl. Not having a recipe, I decided to “throw together” dinner.
Why is it that those always end up being my favorite?
I used pre- cooked chicken breast strips, two bell peppers, an onion, some olive oil, and some lite soy sauce.
Put them together, and what have you got? Japanese Noodles with Grilled Chicken and Peppers. Hubs and I both devoured ours. Sister enjoyed it as well. Mister? Well, he protests all things new and all things healthy.
Here’s the recipe, just in case you’d like to try it…
- 8 ounces buckwheat noodles
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast strips, precooked
- medium red bell pepper, sliced
- medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons lite soy sauce
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 8 inch sauté pan
- 10 inch sauté pan
- 2 quart pan
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, prepare the buckwheat noodles per package instructions, set aside.
- In an 8 inch saute pan, saute sliced bell peppers and onion, in 1 Tablespoon olive oil, until tender.
- Spray the 10 inch saute pan with non-stick spray and heat chicken breast strips.
- When chicken is heated through, combine the chicken, peppers, and onions in the 10 inch sauté pan.
- Add buckwheat noodles to the now empty 8 inch sauté pan with one tablespoon olive oil and two tablespoons lite soy sauce.
- Toss lightly.
- Plate the buckwheat noodles and top with grilled chicken, pepper, and onion mixture.
- Serve hot.