My birthday isn’t until the end of January, so I was a bit surprised a few weeks ago when my husband slid a box across the floor and said, “Happy Birthday!” I opened it up and was delighted to find an 8qt Instant Pot! I’ve been experimenting with converting some of our favorite recipes to the Instant Pot and wanted to share my Instant Pot Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe with you. It’s so incredibly moist and delicious. I received several requests for the recipe when I shared the photo on social media, so here you go. Suffice it to say, I have decided that the Instant Pot is seriously a GAME CHANGER!
To make this recipe, you’re going to need an 8 qt Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Gluten Free Banana Bread
This recipe is gluten free because I follow a gluten free diet. It’s also dairy free.
- 3 medium bananas, smashed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, fork whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups liveGfree Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix (from Aldi)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Place the Instant Pot Steamer Rack with handles in your 8 Qt Instant Pot with the rack at the bottom of the pot. I use the stainless steel one that came with the pot, but you can also use a silicone one.
- Add two cups water to bottom of pot.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter
- Add the whisked eggs and vanilla, mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine the liveGfree Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix, baking soda, and salt. If using another brand, make sure it includes baking powder and xanthan gum or add them separately.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the sour cream, bananas, Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional), and chopped walnuts (optional).
- Pour mixture into an 8 inch Springform Pan. I use the Wilton 8 inch Springform Pan.
- Place the 8 inch Springform Pan onto the steamer rack in the Instant Pot.
- Set the steam vent on the Instant Pot to Pressure (i.e. not venting).
- Using the manual setting, set Instant Pot for 55 minutes at high pressure.
- After cycle completes, release pressure carefully using the quick-release method or release pressure naturally according to manufacturer's instruction for 5 minutes.
I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips in my gluten banana bread because they are gluten free. They are also dairy free, nut free, and soy free! They are NOT easy to find in the store but you can get them on Amazon.
If you’ve been around the gluten free block, you know that gluten free breads can be so dry and icky. This gluten free banana bread is so incredibly moist and delicious! I’ve made it with and without the walnuts, and it is just amazing either way.