Here in the Midwest, we are in the thick of cold and flu season (on top of COVID), and RSV is particularly nasty around here. This means as a Mom, I am doing what I can to boost my kid’s immunity and keep my kids healthy this season! Especially since two of my kiddos are at high risk for complications if they do get sick. So, what are the best immune boosters for kids?
Immune Boosters for Kids
Protecting your children from illness and disease during cold and flu season can seem like a real challenge. However, there are ways to boost your child’s immunity and keep the germs at bay. Here are some tips…
As a nurse, I know that handwashing is one of the best ways to keep a kiddo healthy. Let’s face it. We all touch a lot of germs all the time. Frequent handwashing helps to get rid of those germs. Avoiding touching the nose and mouth is also key. Also, if you do have to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Throw used tissues in the trash and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue handy, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands. That way, you’re not the one spreading the germs. When I was in kindergarten, Ms. Prange taught us a little ditty that I still remember, over 40 years later… “Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, so you don’t spread germs and disease.”
Watch What You Eat
It is important to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Avoid processed food, artificial dyes and sweeteners, and soda or sweetened drinks. Eat plenty of brightly colored fruits, berries, and vegetables. Make sure you’re serving healthy fats from fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, and olive oil. Also, fermented food is your friend. Things like sauerkraut, pickled veggies, and kombucha are full of probiotics. My kids won’t consume sauerkraut, pickled veggies (besides regular old dill pickles), or kombucha so I stock up on Kefir!
Good Sleep Hygiene
It may sound weird, but kids need good sleep hygiene for their immune system to function well. Sleep is recuperative, meaning that when you sleep, your body regenerates, and heals. Not getting enough sleep can impair immunity.
Reduce Stress And Anxiety
Reducing stress and anxiety is a great immunity booster for kids. Whether your child prefers prayer and deep breathing or exercise and soothing music is entirely up to them. You can help, too, by reducing or eliminating exposure to stressful situations.
It’s important for kids to remain active, especially during the winter. Being active helps to build resilience in children, which can help them fight off germs when they are exposed to them.
Use Quality Supplements When Needed
Ideally, kids will get the nutrients they need from a well-balanced diet. However, some kids (like mine) are picky and a quality supplement can help ensure they get the nutrients they need. I’m not a huge fan of gummy supplements for two reasons — they are too similar to candy and often contain quite a bit of sugar — which can lead to dental issues. We’ve got enough of those, thanks. I was excited, then, when I found Superior Source Clean Melts for kids. Check out why I like them…
What Makes Superior Source Unique?
Superior Source Vitamins are MicroLingual® – “Under the Tongue Technology” that works fast, as they are quickly absorbed into the body, dissolving in seconds – NO pills to swallow or water needed! By swallowing supplements, as much as 50% of the potency is lost in the high acid environment of the stomach. Only clean ingredients – just the way nature intended!
- Clean, pure, and simple – the way nature intended!
- NO chemicals, preservatives, binders, fillers, or artificial colors
- Dissolve instantly in the mouth for better absorption
- NO pills to swallow or water needed!
- Easy to take – Clean Melts dissolve immediately on or under the tongue!
- Trusted brand – making vitamin supplements for over 40 years
- Named “Best Supplements” by Better Nutrition Magazine, Superior Source has 100 MicroLingual supplement tablets that dissolve under the tongue.
The New Clean Melts include:
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Immune – Superior Source Kid’s Immune Clean Melts contains up to 94% less sugar than your average gummy. Formulated specifically for children, with enhanced antioxidant and Immune System support; each tablet has Zinc (2 mg), Vitamins C (30 mg) , D3 (400 IU) & Elderberry extract (25 mg).
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Vitamin C – Superior Source Kid’s Clean Melts Vitamin C contains up to 96% less sugar than your average gummy. Our Kid’s Immune Clean Melts are formulated specifically for children, with enhanced antioxidant and Immune System support. Each tablet has Vitamin C (125 mg).
- Kid’s Clean Melts – C + D3 – Superior Source Kid’s Clean Melts C + D3 contains up to 96% less sugar than your average gummy. Our Kid’s Immune Clean Melts are formulated specifically for children, with enhanced antioxidant and Immune System support. Each tablet has Vitamin C (30 mg) and D3 (400 IU).
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Sleep – Superior Source Kid’s Sleep Clean Melts contain up to 96% less sugar than your average gummy. Formulated with potencies specifically for children: L-Theanine (5 mg), GABA (5 mg) and Melatonin (1 mg).
Please note — I am NOT a doctor and I do NOT play one on TV. Always (always, always) discuss any new supplements with your child’s doctor.
Check out these Superior Source Promotions this month!
Kid’s Clean Melts Giveaway
Superior Source wants to help one lucky winner boost their kids immunity with a prize pack of their New Clean Melts for Kids. One (1) winner will receive 1 Superior Source Vitamin 4-Pack, including one each of the following:
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Immune
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Vitamin C
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Vitamin C + D3
- Kid’s Clean Melts – Sleep
Enter using the Giveaway Tools widget below. In the event that the Giveaway Tools widget does not load, you may enter this giveaway by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://giveawaytools2.com/share.php?giveaway=27761549317
By entering this giveaway, you acknowledge and agree to the Giveaway Rules.
No purchase is necessary. That Bald Chick is not responsible for prize fulfillment. You must be 18 or older to enter and win. Void where prohibited by law.