Delicious and easier to make than you might think these Hot Chocolate On a Stick’s are great for a gift or to keep for yourself. The following recipe makes 24 so it is plenty to share. Put them out at your work, bring them to the next bonfire, wrap some up to deliver to neighbors, put a couple in the mailbox to gift to your mailman, or make one for yourself while you curl up with a good book in front of the Cfire. Stir your Hot Chocolate on a stick into a mug of steaming hot milk. The kids love this combination!
Here’s how you can make your own…
Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 31/2 to 4 cups any combination of chocolate chips
- I like a milk chocolate and bittersweet combination.
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 24 paper dixie cups
- Setup paper cups in a pan or container in which they can stay upright.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat safe large container.
- Place half and half and sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, stir until well combined. Bring milk combination to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture over top of chocolate chips, whisk to combine as heat melts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into paper cups, filling about 1/3 full.
- For variety, before pouring chocolate into cups sprinkle a layer of crushed peppermint, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, or toffee bits into the bottom of the cup.
- Tap pan gently on counter to settle the chocolate so it is smooth on top.
- Leave cups out to allow chocolate to set overnight, or to speed up the process place in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Place a lollipop stick in the center of each cup.
- Gently squeeze cup to remove chocolate, if needed tear the cup away from your block.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve on a tray at a party, or wrap in individual cellophane bags to gift.
Oh my yum!
What toppings would you add?