Do you have trouble getting your kids to eat a variety of foods? Like I sometimes do? If our kids are what they eat, then mine are quickly becoming hotdogs and cheese. But, recently, we had the opportunity to try Funky Monkey Snacks, and the kids love to see that little monkey come out at snack time!
About the product…
Funky Monkey Snacks were created to bring delicious healthy snacks to everyone. There are a TON of delicious snacks on the market, but few that are delicious AND healthy. Funky Monkey steps into the gap and combines the great taste of fresh fruit with the satisfying crunch of your favorite snack. In doing so, they provide convenient full sized servings of fruit in a freeze dried package that will tickle your taste buds.
Funky Monkey Snacks are all natural and are gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy free, peanut and tree-nut free, and contain no added sugars, preservatives, flavors, or colors. Using a proprietary method of freeze drying fruit, full slices of real fruit are used to make this crunchy snack with three servings of fruit in every ounce.
Funky Monkey Snacks are available in seven funky flavors…
- Applemon™ (Freeze-Dried Apple and Organic Cinnamon)
- Bananamon® (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana and Organic Cinnamon)
- Carnaval Mix™ (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana, Organic Pineapple, Apple and
- JiveALime® (Freeze-Dried Organic Pineapple and Organic Lime Juice)
- MangOJ™ (Freeze-Dried Mango and Orange Juice)
- Pink Pineapple™ (Freeze-Dried Organic Pineapple and Guava)
- Purple Funk® (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana and Organic Açai)
Funky Monkey Snacks are USDA certified organic and are kosher.
What I thought…
We received all seven flavors of Funky Monkey to sample. The fruit does indeed pack a crunch. My husband and kids absolutely loved the Funky Monkey Snacks. I enjoyed them, as well. My favorite flavor is the Purple Funk, which is freeze dried organic bananas with organic acai. As you know acai is all the rage right now, and with good reason. It is a YUMMY food packed with good for you stuff. Mister really liked the Applemon (freeze dried apple and organic cinnamon) and Sister really liked the MangOJ (freeze dried mango and orange juice).
What I would change…
The Funky Monkey Snacks are delicious as they are. I would love to see additional flavors added to their line.
How I rate it…
Lady V dZine gives the Funky Monkey Snacks a crunchtastic five out of five hearts.
Where you can buy it…
Funky Monkey Snacks are available on Amazon and at other fine local retailers such as Target and Whole Foods.
The fine folks at Funky Monkey have generously offered to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader a full case of Funky Monkey (all seven flavors) and a t-shirt!
Mandatory Entry: Visit the Funky Monkey site and comment back here with one thing you learned that is not mentioned in this post.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
Contest Specific Bonus Entries:
1 bonus entry- If you follow Funky Monkey on Twitter, tweet them that you are visiting from @ladyvdzine, then comment back here with a link to your share.
1 bonus entry- Sign up for the Funky Monkey newsletter and comment back here with the e-mail address you used to sign up.
Additional Bonus Entries…
- 1 bonus entry- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect (see right side bar) and comment with your profile name.
- 1 bonus entry- If you are a fan of my page on Facebook, let me know in the comments for an extra entry in each contest (please leave your screen name) .
- 1 bonus entry- If you follow me on Twitter, let me know in the comments for an extra entry in each contest (please leave your Twitter profile name).
- 1 bonus entry- Tweet this contest, including @ladyvdzine and leave your tweet link (may be done once per day). You may also include the hashtag #contests or #giveaways if desired.
- 1 bonus entry- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (see right sidebar) and let me know your username.
- 1 bonus entry- Subscribe to my blog via e-mail and leave a comment with the address you signed up for. To avoid spam bots, please use the yourname[at]emailserver[dot]com format for your address.
- 1 bonus entry- Subscribe to my blog via RSS and leave a comment with the address you signed up for. To avoid spam bots, please use the yourname[at]emailserver[dot]com format for your address.
- 1 bonus entry- for each of my other current giveaways that you enter.
- 1 bonus entry- For each of my non-giveaway posts that you leave a RELEVANT comment on. Comment back with the post title or link to receive credit.
- 1 bonus entry- E-mail this contest post to at least three friend and CC me as virginia[at]ladyvdzine[dot]com then comment back saying that you did.
- 1 bonus entry- Share the contest post on your Facebook wall and comment back with a link to the share (may be done once).
- 3 bonus entries- Grab my blog button (right side bar) and display it on your blog. Leave three separate comments including a link to your blog where I can find the button.
- 10 bonus entries- Blog about the contest, including a link back to the contest post. Leave ten separate comments including a direct link to your blog post (not your home page).
Be sure to visit my Contest Rules and Bonus Entry Options for even more additional entry options.
Lady V dZine
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 07/13/2010. Winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified by email and will have 72 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected.
FTC Compliant Disclosure- The marketing team for Funky Monkey graciously provided me with a selection of Funky Monkey Snacks to facilitate my review and is providing the prize for the contest winner. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own and are based upon my experience. Your experience may differ.