I recently had the opportunity to put C&H Light to the test. I’ve been using an artificial sweetener for years. In recent months, I have been trying to eat healthier and have begun to question the wisdom of using the artificial sweetener as much, although I am not quite ready to add the calories of pure sugar back into my recipes.
C&H Light is an all natural blend of pure can sugar and stevia that has half the calories of your typical granulated sugar. In fact, for every cup of sugar you replace with C&H Light, you save over 350 calories.
Now THAT is sweet.
It just so happened that I had been apricot picking the day that the C&H Light arrived. What better way to give it a test drive than to make fresh apricot cobbler
I had never made a fresh cobbler before, and was nervous about the results.
Fresh Apricot Cobbler
- 8-10 cups fresh apricots enough to make 6-8 cups apricot filling
- 1-2 Tbsp Corn Starch to thicken
- 1 cup C&H Light
- 1 box yellow cake mix dry
- 1 stick margarine melted
- Halve and pit the fresh ripe apricots, and place them in a large bowl (I leave the skins on).
- Use a ricer or masher to mash the apricots together.
- Add 1 cup C&H Light sweetener to apricots and stir well.
- Add corn starch to thicken to desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over the top of the apricots.
- Pour melted margarine evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.
Serve warm or chilled, either way it's #ohmyyum
That being said, I have to say, it was one of the BEST cobblers I have ever made! Itwas a real hit with my family, and didn’t last long. Hubs told me, “Now THAT you need to make again.”
Be sure to check out the C&H Light Twitter Party on August 8th, where they are giving away $500 in Visa Gift Cards!
***Product sample and compensation received to facilitate to this post. Recipe and opinions are my own.***