[button link=”https://thatbaldchick.com/pr-friendly/disclosure/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow” color=”T”]Press Sample[/button]
With school starting back up for many, and homeschool lessons and co-op resuming soon for us, I can’t help but think about all the things my kids need to keep them comfortable this school year. One of the things that we go through like crazy is ChapStick. We use, and lose, a lot of the stuff. My 5yo has been known to “use” an entire tube of ChapStick in one day. She’s also been known to lose more than a few tubes in the space of a week. In effort to keep tabs on her tubes of ChapStick, I thought it’d be cool to make a DIY Duct Tape ChapStick Holder to go on her backpack.
Isn’t that cute? Here’s how you can make your own DIY Duct Tape ChapStick Holder. You will need a pattern roll of Scotch Duct Tape, a complimentary solid color roll of duct tape, a pair of scissors, an o-ring (i.e. key ring), a measuring tape (or ruler), and a tube of ChapStick.
- Cut a 16 inch piece of solid color duct tape. This will be the base of your holder.
- Fold it in half, sticky sides together, to make an 8 inch piece.
- Cut a 6 inch piece of patterned duct tape. This will be the pocket of your holder.
- Fold it in half, sticky sides together, to make a 3 inch piece.
- Place your ChapStick on the 8 inch piece, and fold a length up and over the tube, to form the bottom of the pocket.
- Cut a small piece of duct tape to adhere the 3 inch piece cross wise to the 8 inch piece of duct tape, leaving half inch overlapping on either side of the long piece.
- Turn the piece over, and use a 2 inch piece of duct tape to secure the flaps of the pocket to the back of the holder.
- Turn the holder back over and place the ChapStick inside.
- Cut a 3 inch piece of pattern duct tape and place it crosswise above the pocket, about a half inch above the tube of ChapStick.
- Using a tape measure, or ruler, measure 1/2 inch into the top pattern piece (about two inches from top) on both sides and snip using scissors.
- Using a tape measure, or ruler, as a guide, cut from the top of the holder to the snipped sides and remove the pieces you cut off. You should now have a one inch wide by two inch long piece at the top center of the holder, like a luggage tag strap.
- Thread the your O-ring over the narrow piece and fold the narrow piece down toward the back of the holder.
- Turn the holder over and secure the tag into place with a 2 inch piece of duct tape.
You now have your own DIY Duct Tape ChapStick Holder. With all the cool colors and patterns that Scotch Duct Tape has, the possibilities are endless! My son wants a superhero one with bright colors. I can do that!
What crafts do you like to make with Scotch Duct Tape? What is your favorite color or pattern?