I’ve heard from wee little ones that leprachauns like their strawberries dipped, so I thought I’d share some Strawberries for St Patrick’s Day! They are super simple to make, and are sure to please!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own!
I almost always have strawberries in the refrigerator and candy melts in the pantry.
- Wash your strawberries and dab them dry with a paper towel.
- Place your white candy melts into a bowl and place them in the microwave for a minute and then stir. Repeat this for 30 seconds at a time until the candy melts are completely melted. Do the same thing for the green candy melts as well.
- Firmly holding your strawberry by the leaves at the top, dip it slowly into the white melted candy, dipping as much or as little of it as you want. Try to avoid dunking it repeatedly and try to do it all at once, or you will get lines on your strawberries.
- Place the strawberries on a sheet of wax paper to dry completely.
- When dry, hold your strawberry over the bowl of green candy melts and drizzle them with some green candy. This works great if you drizzle a spoonful down and then when it is almost done, whip it back and forth across to strawberry to form a splatter type drizzle.
- Place the strawberries back on the wax paper to dry and then enjoy!
I think those are cute enough to lure a leprechaun from his pot of gold, don’t you?
Want fun St Patrick’s Day food but don’t have time to make it? I’ve got you covered!