I love maps. I have a huge world map hanging in my living room. This decoupage map ornament is perfect for anyone who loves to travel or who loves maps. It’s a perfect way to remember the ones you love that live abroad. It’s also a great way to remember to pray for the missionaries you know!
Decoupage Map Ornament
Decoupage Map Ornament Supplies
These round ornament bases *can* be hard to find in bulk. Whether you want to use a cardboard base or a wooden base, stock up today on the cheap!
Decoupage Map Ornament Instructions
- Begin by placing the ornament base on the back of the map. Use it as your stencil and trace it with a pen.
- Take the scissors and cut out the circle shape. Set aside.
- Apply a coat of Modge Podge to cardboard base. A thin coat will do.
- Press the map cut out on top of the cardboard form. Use your finger to smooth it out and remove any air bubbles or creases.
- Take the scissors and trim the edges of the map so it is placed perfectly over the cardboard form with no paper overlapping the edges.
- Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge to the top of the map. A thin coat is all you need to offer it some protection.
- You can then add a string or ribbon for hanging (secure with some hot glue) to the ornament base.
Your decoupage map ornament is now ready for hanging or gifting!