Cranberry chicken is truly the simplest dish ever to cook, and is a family favorite. All it takes is three ingredients!
Yep, that’s it! Oh, and a one gallon zipper bag!
Here’s the recipe…
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast thawed from frozen or fresh
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Combine the whole berry cranberry sauce and dry onion soup mix in a 1 gallon zipper bag
- Mix it well by mushing it around.
- Add thawed or fresh chicken breasts.
- You can either cook immediately, or place in refrigerator to marinate for a few hours.
- Place mixture with chicken breasts in an oven safe dish.
- Bake at 350F until chicken is cooked through (30-45 minutes, depending on size of chicken breasts)
- Serve with side of your choice.
I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer yesterday, but no worries. I’ll just thaw it in the bag with the cranberry onion mixture. If desired, you can let the chicken marinate in the bag for a few hours before cooking, but it isn’t necessary if you are baking it. If you plan to grill the chicken breasts, I would recommend letting it marinate for a few hours, as you will not have the benefit of cooking it in the mixture. KWIM?
Now, I know what you are thinking. EWWWWW! I can’t tell you how many people have said EWWWW! when I have told them about this recipe. My father in law HATES cranberry sauce, but he LOVES my cranberry chicken. Several of my friends are cranberry chicken converts.
I love to serve this with a fresh salad.
So, are you brave enough to try it?