As a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading we receive products for crafting. All opinions are our own.
There’s nothing cuter on the Thanksgiving table than handmade crafts from the little ones. This craft stick turkey will delight everyone. Whether you scatter these Thanksgiving crafts on the table, or use them as place markers, everyone will love these fine feathered friends.
Craft Stick Turkey
See, how cute is that? Seriously, aside from precutting some things for the littles, if you set your kiddos up with the supplies, they can do the rest.
Craft Stick Turkey Supplies
- Craft sticks
- Tan craft paint*
- Brown card stock
- Orange felt
- Red pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Colorful craft feathers
- Elmer’s glue
Craft Stick Turkey Instructions
- Lay down a few pieces of scrap paper or an old newspaper before you get started.
- Paint three craft sticks tan and let dry. This step is totally optional, and the craft stick turkeys look great unpainted, too.
- Glue your three tan craft sticks together in the shape of a triangle and let dry.
- Trace the outside of your triangle onto a piece of brown card stock, cut out and glue to the back of your tan triangle.
- Cut out a small triangle from your orange felt and glue to the center of your triangle.
- Glue two googly eyes above the orange beak.
- Cut a small 3 inch piece of red pipe cleaner, fold it in half making the bottom into a loop and twisting the top and glue the top under the orange triangle.
- Then glue five craft feathers to the back of the triangle to make a turkey and let dry.
Want more cute DIY Crafts for the Fall? Here are a few I’ve posted recently.
I’ve a few more crafts up my sleeve for the fall, too. Find more Thankgiving decor and crafts at Oriental Trading. Here are a few of my favorites!