As a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading we receive products for crafting. All opinions are our own.
As we were driving the other day, my kids practiced the their song for our Christmas program at church. I couldn’t help but think, as they sang Joy to the World, that this really is the most wonderful time of the year. As Christians, we enjoy celebrating the birth of our Savior. We also love crafting and making Christmas ornaments together. This craft stick nativity ornament is a creative way to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Craft Stick Nativity Ornament
Craft Stick Nativity Ornament Supplies
- 3 wood craft sticks
- yellow, brown, blue, peach crafting felt
- hot glue, glue gun
- pipe cleaner
Find great Christmas craft supplies from Oriental Trading.
Craft Stick Nativity Ornament Instructions
- Begin by creating a triangle with the craft sticks. Add a dab of glue to the ends and press together until the pieces are secure.
- Cut out your felt pieces: This includes a yellow star, yellow strips to use as hay, a large brown oval, smaller blue oval, and peach circle for the face.
- Once the craft sticks are secure, glue the small hay shreds at the bottom.
- Add the brown manger, topped with the blue baby body. Finish this portion of the manger by adding the small peach face as shown.
- If you wish, you can add a face to the peach felt by making two simple eyes.
- Add the star at the top of the triangle for the final touch.
- Add a simple piece of pipe cleaner for a hanger. If you wish you can also use twine or ribbon.
Your nativity ornament is now ready to be displayed.
Find more fun ways to celebrate Christmas at Oriental Trading.