These Coconut and Macadamia Nut Cookies are sure to please the cookie lover in your life! Trust me, you’re going to want to make a double batch, because these will vanish as if vapor!
To make these delectable cookies, you will need whole raw coconut flakes, also called coconut chips. You could spend time searching high and low for them at your closest organic grocer, or you can save yourself the headache (and gas money) and get these Sun Rich Paradise Organic Unsweetened Coconut Chips on Amazon for a reasonable price.
Coconut and Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup rough chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup whole raw coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugars and eggs for about 3 minutes or until smooth, add in the vanilla.
- Slowly start to add in the flour mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop for consistently sized cookies.
- Space the dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes (every oven is different so keep an eye as you approach the 10 minute mark.
- You will want the cookies to be slightly under cooked for a perfectly chewy finish even a couple days later.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven remove from the tray and place on a clean, cool counter.
- Let them rest there until fully cooled.
- Store in the refrigerator for the freshest taste.
Make a double batch and share with friends!Click To Tweet
Ummm. These are so good!