Gobble gobble! Just last night my Mother-in-Law, Barb, and I were discussing what to have on the menu Thanksgiving dinner. Before we know it, snow will be falling, and then just as quickly, the crocus will be peeping through. Fall crafts are just one of the ways to make Thanksgiving memorable for the kids and this adorable clothespin turkey craft is a fun one!
Clothespin Turkey Craft
Clothespin Turkey Craft Supplies
- Cardstock (Autumn colors)
- Brown Paint
- Flat Clothespins
- Googly Eyes
- Magnet tape (optional)
You could go to multiple craft stores looking for flat clothespins for this craft, or save your time and sanity and just order them on Amazon. The standard sized ones measure 3.75 inches, while the baby one’s measure 2.5 inches.
Simply Art Wood Flat Clothespins 40 ct.Simply Art Wood Baby Flat Clothespins 50 ct.
Clothespin Turkey Craft Instructions
- Download and print the clothespin turkey craft template onto heavy cardstock.
- Cut the template out.
- Paint the clothespins brown. Let them dry completely.Invite your children to trace the feather template onto colored cardstock.
- Let your kids cut the feathers out with safety scissors. This is a great craft for teaching them fine motor skills. Set the feathers to the side.
- Trace the wattle onto red cardstock and the beak onto orange cardstock and cut out. Set aside.
- Glue the wattle onto the turkey followed by the beak.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Glue the feathers onto the back of the turkey. Alternate colors.
- Your clothespin turkey is complete.
- If desired, add a piece magnet tape to the back to display on the refrigerator.
The kids will love making this one, and it would make an awesome gift for family members attending Thanksgiving dinner! Be sure to check out my Scarecrow Paper Plate Craft, my Candy Corn Banner, and my Craft Stick Turkey, too!