I mentioned that I love (love love) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It shouldn’t come as any surprise, then, that I couldn’t stop with one reindeer ornament. This clothespin reindeer ornament is a classic homemade ornament to make. It’s so festive and fun. I remember making these as a kid.
Clothespin Reindeer Ornament
Clothespin Reindeer Ornament Supplies
- Flat Wood Slotted Clothespins
- Googly Eyes
- Mini Red Pom Poms
- Red & Green Glitter Tape
- Twine or Ribbon
Clothespin Reindeer Ornament Instructions
- Paint the clothespins brown. Paint the back too. Mix a little yellow into the brown paint to create various shades of brown if you’d like. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Cut holly leaves from green glitter tape and berries from red glitter tape. Set aside.
- Glue two clothespins together. Glue one upside down on top of the other. Refer to the photo.
- Cut twine or ribbon and glue to the back of the reindeer ornament.
- Glue the holly leaves and berries onto the reindeer’s head.
- Glue a red pom pom onto the reindeer’s nose.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Your reindeer ornaments are ready to hang on your tree.
These make awesome keepsake gifts from little ones.
***This clothespin reindeer ornament originally published 11/15/2017. Article updated for links and formatting.***