There was a decided crispness to the air this week that had me thinking fall, y’all! Cozy sweaters, tall boots, crunch leaves, and cinnamon toast puppy chow! Now that’s what I’m talking about! I know, I know… I was just talking about shaking my fist at Old Man Winter because I wanted delicious homemade ice cream, but really… you can’t go wrong with cinnamon toast puppy chow!
Cinnamon Toast Puppy Chow
Ingredients for Cinnamon Toast Puppy Chow
- 8oz Wilton white melting wafers (2/3 of a bag)
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 4 T cinnamon
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
Directions for Cinnamon Toast Puppy Chow
- Melt 8oz of Wilton white melting wafers in your microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, until melted, stirring in between
- Add 1 T cinnamon to the melted chocolate and mix well
- Pour chocolate over 3 cups Rice Chex and mix gently
- Add your remaining 3 T of cinnamon to 1 Cup of powdered sugar in a gallon Ziploc bag
- Pour your chocolate covered Rice Chex into the powdered sugar and shake until well covered
- Scoop into a serving dish and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
Grab your cozy sweater and curl up with a bowl (or two) of this stuff and read a new book…
If you are going to be reading to the kids, read Wonderfall, In the Middle of Fall, Flat Stanley and the Missing Pumpkins, or 5 Minute Little Critter Stories.
WonderfallIn the Middle of FallFlat Stanley and the Missing Pumpkins (I Can Read Level 2)Little Critter: 5-Minute Little Critter Stories: Includes 12 Classic Stories!
If you like stories that will tug at your heart strings, read In 27 days, These Things I’ve Done, One Hundred Spaghetti Strings, or It Started with Goodbye.
In 27 Days (Blink)These Things I’ve DoneOne Hundred Spaghetti StringsIt Started with Goodbye (Blink)
If you like suspense/thriller stories, read Stillhouse Lake, The Butterfly Garden, Killing Kate, or Play Dead.
***Disclaimer– some suspense/thriller stories a bit twisted. These are just that.***
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series)The Butterfly Garden (The Collector Trilogy)Killing KatePlay Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
If you want to cuddle up but don’t want to read, make a double batch and watch a movie with the family!