As you know, I have previously written about Walmart and P&G’s efforts to deliver quality family entertainment in the form of Family Movie Night movies with The Jensen Project and Secrets of the Mountain. I caught the third installment of the Family Movie Night movies from Walmart and P&G, A Walk In My Shoes, while I sat by my Mom’s hospital bed as she was recovering from a heart attack. I honestly meant to write about it here, but time got away from me, and I didn’t. Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it and plan to add it to our DVD collection. And now, Family Movie Night is back with CHANGE OF PLANS, the fourth of the Family Movie Night movies, which premieres on FOX on Saturday, January 8th at 7p.m. CST.
I’ve had a chance to watch the trailer for Change of Plans, and am confident that it is a film for the entire family. As an adoptive parent, the story of Change of Plans is especially appealing to me.
Movie Synopsis: Up to this point, Sally Danville's life has played out just as she hoped it would. A beautiful and free-spirited musician, she and her fighter-pilot husband, Jason, live life on the go, free of domestic responsibilities. But with a single phone call from Child & Family Services case worker, Dorothy (Phylicia Rashad, The Cosby Show), she learns that things don't always go according to plan. Sally (Brooke White, American Idol) is met with the news that her best friend from college has died in a tragic accident on a Peace Corps mission and has named Sally the legal guardian of her four kids – 3 of them adopted from third-world countries. Now Sally and Jason (Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis) must quickly learn to parent this instant family and help the kids deal with the culture clash of life in America. The story is both humorous and heartwarming, revealing how fulfilling life can be when you look beyond your own plans and invest in the lives of others.
Here’s the trailer…
As with the other Family Movie Night Movies, the soundtrack is produced by Randy Jackson.
I know I’m tuning in! I can’t wait to see it on Saturday.
Buy it… You can purchase the Family Movie Night movies from Walmart.
Win it… One lucky TBC reader will win a “Change of Plans” logo fleece blanket along with the set of 3 past P&G/Walmart family movies including: “Secrets of The Mountain”, “The Jensen Project”, and “A Walk in My Shoes.” A Change of Plans” is not included as it not yet released on DVD.
Mandatory entry… Tell me, do you do family movie nights with your family?
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like me on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win Family Movie Pack http://goo.gl/Ok84m via @ladyvdzine (01/18) #giveaway #sweeps @fmnib”
- +1- Follow Family Movie Night on Twitter and comment back with your user name.
- +1- Like the Family Movie Night Facebook Page and comment back with a link to your FB profile.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses only… Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 01/18/2011. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received a “Change of Plans” viewing kit and DVD bonus pack form P&G and Walmart in exchange for posting my honest opinion. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.