As I mentioned the other day, I’ve been having some digestive issues and have had eliminated dairy and grains from my diet in effort to determine the culprit. Last night, I had an overwhelming craving for ice cream. I finally gave in and ate about a half cup of ice cream on a cone.
I am still sick.
I don’t know if it’s the sugar or the lactose, but one of them has my intestines in knots.
Trouble is, I like ice cream and frozen treats.
So, I decided to try to make my own. A friend told me (on Facebook) that she uses bananas to make “ice cream” by freezing them and them putting them through the food processor. I can do that. I have quite a few bananas in the freezer, since my kids were eating a banana a day, and then suddenly decided to boycott bananas.
I thought I’d start with a banana mango mix, since I had both on hand.
Note to self… slice bananas before freezing them in the future, it’s easier on the food processor!
Banana Mango Sorbet Vegan
- 4 frozen bananas in chunks or slices
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk I used vanilla
- Combine frozen bananas, frozen mango, and one cup almond milk in food processor and process for about two minutes and turn off.
- Using spoon, or spatula, push fruit chunks into the mixture now forming.
- Add remaining half cup almond milk.
- Process another two to five minutes, until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer safe container.
Simple (and easy) to make, and it is beyond delicious!
Do you have a favorite sorbet recipe?