A friend blessed us with some fresh tomatoes and fresh cucumbers a few days ago. Knowing it was more than we would consume before they went bad, and not wanting them to go to waste, I thought I’d toss together a quick salad of apple, cucumber, and tomatoes. Talk about yum!
Here’s what you’ll need to duplicate my recipe…
Apple Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons lemon or lime juice to keep apples from browning
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- pepper and/or sugar to taste I used 2 teaspoons sugar
- Core and chop apples, toss with lemon or lime juice in a large bowl.
- Seed and chop cucumber, add to large bowl.
- Seed and chop tomatoes, add to large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil with salt.
- Add pepper and/or sugar to taste.
- Pour oil and vinegar mixture into the large bowl and toss.
- Serve chilled.
You can also add fresh chopped zucchini if you have it. Yum.
My family thoroughly enjoyed the apple, cucumber, and tomato salad.
What is your favorite recipe for fresh from the garden produce?