I mentioned yesterday that one of the simple changes you can make for a healthier life is to add nutritional supplements. Of course, a balanced diet is a great start to nutritious get the vitamins and minerals and nutrients from food that your body needs. That said, nutritional supplements can fill in the gaps in your diet and play a key role in maximizing your health.
11 Reasons to Take Nutritional Supplements
- Soil quality– The farming practice of repeatedly growing plants on the same land depletes the soil of important vitamins and minerals, as well as microbes, faster than they can be replaced. The depletion of essential nutrients results in nutritionally deficient plants, and thereby food.
- Age – Our bodies are less able to absorb nutrients from foods as we grow older. Nutritional supplements are necessary, especially as you age.
- Degradation of nutrients in food over time- Nutrients begin to degrade in many foods from the moment it is picked and/or harvested. Many foods are shipped long distances and it could be several weeks, if not longer, before the food that was picked at the farm on the other side of the country hits the plates at your dinner table. That can result in the loss of many nutrients.
- Chemicals (pesticides/herbicides) – It is safe to say that you never know how your food is grown, unless you grow it yourself. By taking nutritional supplements, you’re able to get nutrition without the harmful effects of pesticides and herbicides.
- More natural energy – Without the right foods in your body, you won’t have the energy you need to get through the day. When you’re taking nutritional supplements, your body is getting the right nutrition, which naturally results in more energy.
- Processed foods don’t offer much nutrition – As many of you know, the more food is processed, the less nutrition is in it. Nutritional supplements fill the gap. Even processing healthy foods can remove the good stuff from it.
- Additives in foods can reduce nutrition – When you look on the back of a label of something you’re about to eat, you can see all the additives. A good nutritional supplement is going to help your body get the nutrition it’s missing from eating foods that have additives.
- So your body can absorb nutrients – Did you know that not everyone absorbs nutrition properly? You can eat healthy all you want, but your body may not be accepting those nutrients. Nutritional supplements can help fix gut issues and help support proper digestion.
- Stress – Everyone experiences stress in some way or another. Your body doesn’t know how to handle stress and neither do you. Stress can come in the form of alcohol, cigarettes, or even physical stress from work or exercise. Your body loses nutrients when it is stressed. Taking supplements without any fillers, additives, or chemicals can help a person who is stressed. Stress strips the body of proper nutrients, but obviously proper supplements can help!
- Hybrid crops – Believe it or not but all food that is grown doesn’t necessarily have the proper nutrition. Hybrid crops can produce a lot of food, but it doesn’t mean it offers anyone nutritional value.
- Mental health – You hear a lot of people who are struggling with mental health. Nutrition plays a big part in ensuring someone is mentally, physically, and emotionally healthy. By taking nutritional supplements, you’re helping your brain get the right amount of nutrients and minerals, which helps you stay mentally healthy.
Learn more about nutritional supplements.
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food SupplementsEncyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements: The Essential Guide for Improving Your Health NaturallyVitamins and Supplements: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Vitamins and Supplements for Living Healthy LifeVitamins and Supplements: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Vitamins and Supplements in Health and Wellness (Vitamins and Supplements for Living Healthy Book 1)
Why do you take nutritional supplements?
***This is my opinion and is not intended to substitute for medical advice. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY health, exercise or nutritional supplement program.***