Did you know that there are more people with bladder leakage that are 50 or younger than are 60 or older? Yup, it’s true. In fact, there are more people in their 20’s with bladder leakage than in their 80’s. I’m not gonna lie. I’ve dealt with Light Bladder Leakage for most of my life. I had to start having urethral dilations when I was in grade school due to urethral stricture and have to have the dilation done every couple of years. Add three pregnancies to that, and occasionally dribble happens. For most women, the dribble can be triggered by coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising, or lifting heavy objects… like your children. There are ways to limit bladder leakage and it’s embarrassing effects. Here’s 10 tips for dealing with bladder leakage… because dribble happens!
- Maintain a healthy weight (excess weight places pressure on the bladder)
- Strengthen pelvic floor muscles with Kegel exercises
- Limit caffeine and alcohol
- Don’t smoke (nicotine is a bladder irritant)
- Empty your bladder regularly
- Use the bathroom before activities that may result in bladder leakage
- Clear the path to the bathroom — no need to trip when you’re in a hurry!
- Avoid constipation– a full bowel puts extra pressure on the bladder
- Select an incontinence product that provides adequate coverage without unnecessary bulk
- Talk with your doctor
Many women use feminine care products for protection because they think that incontinence products are big, bulky, and obvious to EVERYONE around them.
Not so with Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs! No one will ever know that your OOTD is protected by Depend Silhouette Active Fit because they have a lower rise for an underwear-like look, fit and feel. I know what you’re thinking… but Depend is for older people… NOT SO! Depend is for people of all ages and bladder leakage is a condition that affects millions of people. Depend provides discreet incontinence protection that help people regain their freedom and get their lives back. The new Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs are a moderate-absorbency brief featuring a thin design for complete comfort and the trusted protection of the Depend brand. Oh, and as a category first– they are available in black and beige, so even if someone ends up seeing a peek of them, they LOOK like undies.
Show your support for women with bladder leakage. For every photo and video shared using #Underwareness and featuring Depend products, the Depend brand will donate $1, up to $3 million, through 2016 to fund charities that advance the research and education of bladder leakage!