The Hubs and I are always on the lookout for fun games to play. We enjoy playing games as a family, as well as when we get together with other friends. One new game that we both enjoy, and are looking forward to playing with friends, is the You’ve been Sentenced game, from McNeill Designs.
About You’ve been Sentenced…
The You’ve been Sentenced! game is a fun sentence-building game that uses pentagon shaped cards with five conjugations of a base word on each card. Each player draws ten cards and then tries to form a sentence with those cards. Points are earned when a player forms a grammatically correct and sensible sentence that is not objected by the other players. If a sentence doesn’t make sense, or is grammatically incorrect, any other player can object to it. The player then has the opportunity to defend his sentence (which is half the fun). The rest of the players judge if the sentence stays or goes, based on the arguments offered by the objector and defender. If the sentence is voted ridiculous, it is nullified and the player is unable to earn points that round. Points are designated to each of the conjugates on the card, and the score is added up by totaling the points for the words actually used in the sentence.
There are 540 cards in the game, so the sentence possibilities are virtually endless. And now, with five add on decks available, the fun is seriously hilarious. As the winner of 8 national awards, You’ve Been Sentenced is a frugal family fun night purchase.
When Hubs and I played You’ve been Sentenced, it was just the two of us—unless you count Mister and Sister scribbling on our score pads. The game is made for three or more people, and after having to tell Hubs that one of his sentences was grammatically incorrect, I can understand why the third player is needed. But, since it was just the two of us, we got to thumbs up or thumbs down the others sentences. It is important to note that, while it is not necessary to use all ten cards from your draw in your sentence, it is possible to do so. I had one sentence that I was able to use all ten cards on. ***Patting self on back***
We really enjoyed playing this game, although Hubs said he doesn’t think he could ever beat me at it, since grammar is not his strong suit. I personally cannot wait until we have another game night with friends, because this one is definitely going to be on the table. I would love to get the add-on decks, as well, to extend the game night fun!
Win it… McNeill Designs would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader their own You’ve been Sentenced! Game.
Mandatory Entry… Simply visit McNeill Designs and comment back with one thing you learned.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- +1- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win You’ve been Sentenced game @ladyvdzine http://goo.gl/53fp (11/6) from @MCNEILLDESIGNS #kids #family #Christmas #giveaway”
- +1– Join McNeill Designs on Facebook and comment back with your screen name.
- +1- Follow McNeill Designs on Twitter and comment back with your profile name.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses.. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 11/06/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners. McNeill Designs is responsible for the fulfillment of contest prize and will ship contest prize mid-November.
The fine folks at McNeill Designs provided me with the aforementioned complimentary product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.