***Please Note–This Giveaway Has ENDED. ***
Please see Winners page for winning entrant information.
My kids love to color. So, when I was recently contacted by Wearable Art (http://www.coloryourclothes.com/) about doing a review, I readily agreed.
Wearable Art is a fun, unique twist on the classic children’s activity, coloring books! A design is printed on t-shirts and packaged with the necessary materials to allow you to add your own artistic touch. Wearable Art is loved by kids everywhere because they created their own wearable work of art.
Shirts are available in Kids XS (2-4) Kids Small (6-8) Kids Medium (10-12) and Kids Large. For adult sizes or bulk orders, use the contact form.
Wearable Art currently stocks 14 standard designs, as well as offering custom design services.
We received the Train Shirt in an XS (2-4) for Mister for review. I also purchased the Princess Shirt in an XS (2-4) for Sister.
Both kids were extremely excited to do an “art project.” Although, I have to admit, Sister really just wanted to play with the pastels.
I ended up finishing Sister’s for her, because she wanted to play (at 18 months, her attention span isn’t that long). Mister did a good job coloring his, but also asked for help in the end. When coloring Sister’s shirt, I did notice that I had to pull the material to stretch it at times, to make it easier to color. But, I didn’t mind. If you want a perfectly colored shirt, I would recommend saving this project for older children. But, if you are simply looking for a fun way for your kids to express their creativity, even the younger ones can have fun with this. Both shirts looked great when colored.
To set the colors, I simply laid wax paper over the shirt then ironed (as directed on http://www.coloryourclothes.com/). Because I am not real confident in my ironing abilities, I half expected the outline of the design to come off or for the wax paper to stick.
But, neither happened. The colors set and there was no transfer of wax paper onto the shirt and none of the outlines peeled.
The kids loved the outcome, and so did I. Of course, I could have avoided ironing over the “oops” marks on the shirts, and those would have washed out. But, I thought they gave the shirts character.
Never mind the character added when these two donned them!
We really enjoyed our Wearable Art project. I think the shirts are a great idea, and even gave one as a gift when Mister was recently invited to a birthday party. How fun would these be as a birthday party activity or a class project?
Wearable Art would like to offer one lucky Lady V dZine reader a shirt of their own to color.
Mandatory entry– simply visit Wearable Art and comment back with the pattern and size you would like if you win.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
Bonus entry options–
- 1 entry- Like Wearable Art on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name. You are not required to post on their wall, but if you do, be sure to tell them I sent you.
- 1 entry- Tell me who the Wearable Art shirt would be for if you win.
- 1 entry- Suggest a new design for Wearable Art that is not already offered on their site.
- 1 entry- Follow Wearable Art on Twitter and comment back her with your twitter name.
- 1 entry- Share your favorite Wearable Art product as a status update on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, or Tumbler and comment back here with a link to your share.
- 1 entry- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- 1 entry- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter– comment with your user name
- 1 entry- Tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and @colorclothes- comment with your tweet status (up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart) You may use “Get Creative with Wearable Art #win @ladyvdzine @colorclothes (9/6) http://bit.ly/cjQ5cY“
- 1 entry- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway or link
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post
- 5 entries- blog this contest linking to this post and http://www.coloryourclothes.com/ leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
Have you entered my other current giveaways yet?
Be sure to visit my Contest Rules and Additional Bonus Entry Options for additional entry options.
The fine print…
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 09/06/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 72 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
FTC Compliant Disclosure- The marketing team for Wearable Art graciously provided me with the aforementioned product(s) to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own and are based upon my experience. Your experience may differ.