I have a general bucket list, as most people do, that lists things that I would like to do at some point in my life. Things like skydiving, snorkeling, and running a half marathon. I’d aim for a full marathon, but like to do things incrementally. First a 5K, then a half marathon, then a marathon.
With our recent family vacation, which I have to finish telling you about, I started thinking about my vacation bucket list. You know, all the places I want to GO and SEE. The trick to being able to visit them all will be planning affordable family vacations. My husband is a real budget guru, so I’ve no doubt that I will get to most, if not all, of them.
My vacation bucket list top ten are:
- Fall Foliage Tour of the Northeast coast (think Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine)- I have heard that the colors are glorious, and I could think of no better way to tour the Northeast coast than visiting a bunch of B&B’s along the way.
- London- I have always wanted to visit London Hospital. Strange, I know.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast- I want to take the kids to the INFINITY Science Center at NASA Stennis Space Center. I think they (and I) would get a real kick out of it.
- Yellowstone National Park- of course I want to see Old Faithful.
- Las Vegas- but not for the reasons most people visit. I want to visit The Church at South Las Vegas. Of course, we’d do a helicopter tour of the Hoover Dam, as well.
- Grand Canyon National Park- I want to visit both the North Rim and the South Rim.
- Rocky Mountain National Park- I want to see the great Continental Divide.
- Cruise- I don’t care where, just put me on the boat!
- Santee, California- I want to take the kids to the Creation and Earth History Museum. Of course, we would visit the Santee Boulders and Santee Lakes while there.
- Meramec Caverns in Stanton Missouri- because they’ve been in my backyard all of my life, and I have never been.
There are many more places on my bucket list. In all honesty, I don’t really care which ones we go to, as long as we can go as a family!
Oh, and we need a clean bathroom, a place for the kids to play, and decent horseback riding trails nearby.
What’s on your vacation bucket list?
***Sponsored links provided, all opinions are my own.***