**Giveaway closed. Winner notified by email.***
We are always on the lookout for family friendly movies with a message. And we definitely found one in The Way Home, from Thomas Nelson Publishers.
In The Way Home, Dean Cain stars as Randy Simpkins, a husband and father torn between the demands of his job and commitment to his family. Asked by his wife Christal to watch their two-year-old son Joe for a few minutes, Randy is distracted by work and Joe disappears. Racked by guilt, Randy joins Christal in a desperate search for their missing son alongside hundreds of others from their church and community. Randy and Christal’s strained marriage must now weather the ultimate test – the potential loss of a child. The Way Home is the story of Randy’s powerful spiritual journey back to love, faith and a Godly understanding of what must always take first priority in a man’s life – his family. The Way Home is based on a true story.
Randy Simpkins is forced to face the fragility of life and love as he searches for his son. He also has to take stock of where he places his priorities. His story is heartbreaking, and eye opening. How many times, as parents, do we become momentarily distracted? Or get our priorities out of kilter?
The Way Home demonstrates how a community can come together during crisis. It also demonstrates how God can use crisis in one person’s life to affect change in another person’s life.
The Way Home’s executive producer was none other than Randy Simpkins, so I would venture a guess that the movie is as true to life as could be depicted.
We are pleased to have added The Way Home to our family movie night collection.
Win it… And now, the marketing team for The Way Home would like to bless one lucky Lady V dZine reader with a copy of the movie, as well.
Mandatory entry… Simply leave a comment letting me know if you would be keeping the DVD or giving it as a gift.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- +2- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win The Way Home DVD http://goo.gl/uIwMi via @ladyvdzine (12/26) #Christmas #giveaway #fb #family @thewayhomemovie”
- +1- Like The Way Home on Facebook
- +1- Follow The Way Home on Twitter and comment back with your user name.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US. Winner must provide street address and phone number for shipping. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 12/26/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received the aforementioned complimentary product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.