***Please Note–This Giveaway Has ENDED. ***
and the winner is… Mellisa Jackson.
I’ve been exploring kid friendly music lately, since Mister and Sister both really enjoy music. I love to play music that they like while we are running our errands, since it keeps them from whining. And, since we had some road trips planned, I needed to stockpile some tunes. So, when I received an opportunity, courtesy of Family Review Network & Flannery Brothers, to review The New Explorers Club CD, the latest album from this award winning duo, I readily accepted.
The New Explorer’s Club
Winners of thirteen prestigious awards, including the Lennon Award for Best Children’s Song in the 2008 John Lennon Songwriting Contest, the Flannery Brothers are known for their engaging, easy-going, “jam session in our living room” style of family music. With influences ranging from Jonathan Richman and The Beach Boys to Harry Nilsson and the Muppets, the band is dedicated to creating musical experiences that are honest, organic, fun, and respectful of kids and their families.
Responding to the overwhelming success of their first two albums, Love Songs for Silly Things and Move Over Lullabies … It’s Time for Wake Up Songs, the Flannery Brothers look ahead with great anticipation to the October 19 release of their third CD, The New Explorers Club. The New Explorers Club invites everyone in the family to go exploring. Filled with danceable, clappable, singable, family-friendly rock songs, The New Explorers Club enthusiastically encourages seeking adventure and viewing the world with a fresh perspective. While songs about submarine diving, kite flying, and pirates might be expected in this context, listeners may be surprised to hear a reggae number about lying down on the kitchen floor or an exciting boogie woogie tune about swallowing a bug!
First, I have to admit, I had never heard of the Flannery Brothers. But Mister is only 33 months, and Sister is only 19 months, so I think I can be excused as a bit of a kid music novice. But, after visiting the Flannery Brothers site and listening to Swallowed a Bug, I was sold! The tune was really cute and certainly evoked a incredible urge to dance.
When the CD came in, I popped it in and hit play. Mister and Sister were delighted with the tunes, and my husband even chuckled at the lyrics. Mister absolutely loved the Hi-5 Dance, and Sister just jumped around to all of the tunes. Just watch this video, and you can see why!
I can’t choose which song is my favorite, but I have narrowed it down to Pirate or Parrot, Swallowed a Bug, and Kitchen Floor. I can always tell which song is Mister’s favorite on any given CD, because he will call out the name of the tune (or the name that he gave the tune) and for him, it is definitely the Hi-5 Dance. When this CD is in, he will yell out, “Mommy, the Gimme 5 song, the Gimme 5 song!”
On my recent trip to KC/MO, this CD inspired plenty of chuckles from me, as I watched my kids in the rearview as they clapped and seat danced down the highway.
Buy it…. The New Explorers Club is set to be released on October 19, 2010. You can preorder The New Explorers Club CD at http://flannerybrothers.com/ or get the MP3’s on Amazon.com. However you choose to do it, this is one CD I would recommend putting on your list!
Win it… The marketing team for the Flannery Brothers would like to offer one lucky Lady V dZine reader their own copy of The New Explorers Club CD.
Mandatory entry… Simply visit http://flannerybrothers.com/ and come back and tell me which song on The New Explorers Club CD is your favorite.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- 1 entry- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- 1 entry- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- 1 entry- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win the @FlanneryBros The New Explorers Club CD @ladyvdzine http://bit.ly/dlCQKX (10/12 )#Giveaway #kids #music”
- 1 entry- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- 1 entry- Like the Flannery Brothers on Facebook and comment back with your profile name.
- 1 entry- Follow the Flannery Brothers on Twitter and comment back with your twitter profile.
- 1 entry- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to Stumble Upon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- 5 entries- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US & Canadian addresses.. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 10/12/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
This post was written for Family Review Network & the Flannery Brothers who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review