***Please Note–This Giveaway Has ENDED. ***
Please see Winners page for winning entrant information.
As I have mentioned in prior posts, we eat a lot of fresh fruit in our house. And along with fresh fruit comes fruit flies. Ugh. I hate fruit flies.
Last year, I tried a few home remedies for fruit flies (i.e. the cider vinegar/dish soap combo, basil, banana and plastic wrap). The most successful method, by far, was the cider vinegar and dish soap combo. However, there were still fruit flies aplenty. I think somehow I made an error and fed them instead of killing them.
This year, when fruit fly season appeared, and with it a swarm of the little pests in my kitchen, I purchased a fruit fly trap. It was simple to use, but less than effective.
The fruit fly, one of the smallest flies found in homes, is also one of the most annoying. A familiar problem for most homeowners, fruit flies are commonly spotted swarming around kitchen fruit bowls and near garbage storage areas. Now, TERRO, an industry leader in pest control products for homeowners, is making it easy to get rid of these irritating pests with a highly effective new product. New TERRO Fruit Fly Traps not only get rid of fruit flies, they are environmentally safe and the apple-shaped trap looks right at home in any kitchen.
TERRO¨ Fruit Fly Trap is designed to lure adult fruit flies, using a special non-toxic food-based liquid lure. Flies that enter the trap can’t escape to continue breeding. Traps are most effective when placed near breeding sites. (Net Contents/0.50o fl. oz.)
When the package arrived, I opened it and read the instructions.
Seemed easy enough. Pull off the leaf like tab…
Empty Liquid Lure into the trap…
And place the trap in areas where Fruit Flies have been seen…
While waiting to see if it worked, I checked out the YouTube Video from Terro.
Seriously, I didn’t expect this fruit fly trap to work any better than the other one I had purchased previously, or any better than the home remedies I had tried.
Boy, was I wrong! In about two hours, I noticed a significant reduction in the number of flying pests in my kitchen. By the following day, I didn’t see any flying at all, but quite a few were in the trap. Woot! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy that made me!
I will certainly be using Terro Fruit Fly Traps in the future.
Where to buy… Terro Fruit Fly Traps are available at local retailers and on Amazon.com
Terro would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader a Fruit Fly Trap to use.
Mandatory entry—tell me why you would like to try the Terro Fruit Fly Trap.
***Please note*** Mandatory entry must be completed before any bonus entries will be counted.
- 1 entry- Fan Terro on Facebook and comment back with your screen name. You are not required to post on their wall, but if you do, be sure to tell them I sent you.
- 1 entry- Follow Terro on Twitter
- 1 entry- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- 1 entry- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter– comment with your user name
- 1 entry- Tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and @TerroDeadAnts- comment with your tweet status (up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- 1 entry- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- 2 entries- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post
- 5 entries- Blog this contest linking to this post and http://www.terro.com/index.php– leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 09/03/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
This post was written for Family Review Network & TERRO who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review.