Hubs and I will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary in January 2016, and I am ready to start planning our celebration. I’m not talking dinner and a movie folks. I want to GO somewhere. I want to travel to a place that is on my travel bucket list, and Puerto Rico is in my top ten locales to see. Puerto Rico is filled with world class attractions that would certainly turn our vacation, and any vacation, into a 5-star vacation story!
Why is Puerto Rico on my travel bucket list? Well, for starters, there are 270 miles of coastline and is featured among the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel. The Flamenco Beach in Culebra is gorgeous in pictures and is often listed as one of the best beaches in the world.
^^seriously, who wouldn’t want to visit?^^
Okay, since Puerto Rico is on my travel bucket list, I have a few (dozen) things in mind that I’d like to do when I finally go. Here’s ten of them…
- Take a guided tour of San Juan and enjoy the old world charm
- While in San Juan, stop in to get a Sea Shell Massage at the Ritz. Glacial shells sound incredibly interesting!
- Go ziplining through the canopy outside of San Juan
- Visit El Yunque National Park and climb to the clouds. What fun it would be to hike in a tropical rain forest!
- Visit Camuy River Cave Park and go down the 205 step board walk into Cueva Clara.
- Visit the Turtle Bay Inn, the worlds first solar powered guest house.
- Visit the Caguas Botanical and Cultural Garden. The pictures of the flora are gorgeous, I want to see it in person!
- Have a moonless picnic on the beach at Fajardo. I’ve read that the bioluminescent bays glow like an angel.
- Go horseback riding. I’d love to start off with a beach ride, then go on a tropical trail ride, and end up back on the beach to watch the sunset.
- Visit the Arecibo Observatory. I hear the view is jaw droppingly gorgeous.
Puerto Rico is at the top of my travel bucket list because travel doesn’t require a passport or foreign currency. Just hop on a plane and go. That’s my kind of vacation.
Wouldn’t you love to visit Puerto Rico? How long would you stay? What would you do on your vacation?