Ever since I received my Ninja Ultima, I’ve been having fun making up my own green smoothie recipes. A couple have been real flops. Some have been grand slams. Like the sweet potato casserole green smoothie I made last week.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 2 handfuls kale (or preferred greens)
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 6 dates, pitted
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground flax *optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds *optional
- 1 scoop preferred protein powder *optional
- Combine all ingredients in Ninja Ultima and pulse 4-5 times, then blend on medium speed (5 or 6) until smooth.
What’s in your favorite green smoothie?